Under Armour

WVHUNTER

Very Active Member
Anybody use the heavy weight Under Armour? This stuff seems to be getting more popular but expensive. Never paid a $100 bucks for a set of long johns before. Mainly asking about how warm is it.

I know that one guy that posts on here is a representative for them.

If you mean Cold Gear, it is very good. The only thing you have to get over is the compression fitting. I love mine.

Thanks for the info. Since it is supposed to fit tight I guess you don't buy it over sized. With other underwear I would usually buy it larger to allow for shrinkage.

I buy my under armour cold gear in larger sizes and its still tight. I've been known to wear two pairs of the U.A. bottoms in extra cold weather and it works good for me. fatrooster.

Go with the oversized. I have some, but I am not that impressed. It is OK, but not worth the price in my opinion.

I don't go hunting without it. Ever since I caught pneumonia one year from being soaked and having a cold, I wear it unless it's an absolute bluebird day. Can't beat it for water repellancy.

Thanks again for the info. I might give this stuff a try. I usually use the heavyweight military polypro, it does OK but I am always looking for something better.

I finally broke down and paid the money for it before my last trip. It was real cold all week long and the stuff worked great. I wore the cold gear tops and bottom and a pair of microtex pants with a fleece pullover and it was enough for 0 to 10 degrees. i would definitely recommend.

Just got a set and I'll never use anything else, the tight fit takes some getting used to but it's deffinatly worth the $$

I love this stuff one of the best products to come along in a long time. I own several pair and will be buying more soon. I wear it to layer but now I hunt in it. I have Cold gear and Heat gear, this stuff is AWESOME.

Best stuff going. I just added my fourth complete set after using the trying a set this year. I have used everything from extra athletic sweats to HD silk. Silk is second to this stuff and it flat works hands down better. I ordered mine a size larger then normal and it was still snug but not too tight. Get some and you will be amazed.

I have the under armour and the cabelas version.Both work great(get a size bigger).Whats best about it is that the Cabelas one (and maybe under armour too) has the bacteria killing silver liner.It really works,NO more stinky under wear for days without changing.

It's good stuff but smartwool, icebreaker, and patagonia capilene are better. just my opinion based on my experience.

beanman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom