Understanding Wingnuts

440sixpack

Sometimes you have to look at the extremes of a group to understand what the silent ones are thinking. this can explain the social issues the wingnuts won't let go of .

Yes these people are a bit more radical than some of you but you're all on the same page. why else would someone fall on their sword when it all seems so illogical.

Don't say it's unfair, you judge muslims by the taliban. the taliban are also extremists but they do shed light on what drives the culture.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/westboro-baptist-church-confronted-082145499.html

Stay thirsty my friends

I guess this makes it safe to say all liberals are like Obama, Bloomberg, Feinstein, Pelosi, Sharpton, Jackson, Moore, and million other radical democrats/liberals? Except these are not the quiet ones but the vocal individuals set up on a pedestal by liberals.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Dude, you are now really reaching out into left field with that one. Again we kind of expect that from a brainless demented alcoholic like you.

RELH

Great post. Thanks for sharing 440.

They're no different than anti Zimmerman rally with Sharpton.

When they start practicing Jihad or start enforcing Sharia Law, get back to us.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-13 AT 01:14PM (MST)[p]>I guess this makes it safe
>to say all liberals are
>like Obama, Bloomberg, Feinstein, Pelosi,
>Sharpton, Jackson, Moore, and million
>other radical democrats/liberals? Except these
>are not the quiet ones
>but the vocal individuals set
>up on a pedestal by
>liberals.
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but saddling up anyway."

Perfect black or white wingnut response. BRAVO!!!

During the w administration, the feeling was if you're not for the war then you are anti-American. It's one or the other with wingnuts. If you're not a died in the wool republican then you're a liberal extremist. Never mind the moderates. That's the predictable narrow mindedness we have grown to love. Luckily voters got smart because we'd be phckd even worse if Republicans had full control. Yes, all dems are bad too but as bad as Barry is McCain and Romney would have delivered the crushing blow. Sad but true.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-13 AT 01:42PM (MST)[p]Zigga,

While I don't subscribe to many wing nut positions, the original post by 440 inferring that all Christians are extremist like the WBB Baptist church are.

If the standard is that if one person claiming to be a Christian holds a belief then everyone who says they are Christian also must hold those beliefs, then your support of Obama means you believe 100% in the liberal agenda regardless of how extreme leftwing is may be.

It is a false argument all the way around.

If all Christians are can be defined by the WBB Church, why can't all Democrats be defined as left wing liberal nuts? It is the same standard, no moderation.

Moderates are as welcomed in the Democrat party as they are in the Republican party.

Hard to imagine Romney being as totally disengaged from the hard work of being president as Obama currently is. Obama seems to only like the perks of the job but not the actual hard work of being president.

Nemont

I'm guessing few of you have actual experience other than watching Westboro on a streamed video I have seen those bastards in person. They picketed the funeral of a young man I knew who was killed in Iraq. That went so well they stayed around the next day to shout at church goers of various churches. The legislature changed harassment laws following this, as well as the patriot honor guard becoming involved.

This group if it had the power is capable of anything. I listened to Jack van der Geest this spring and purchased and read his book "Was God on Vacation? It's not just another autobiography by a Holocaust survivor but a thoughtful book on evil that exists. Westbroro is cut from the same cloth as the Nazis or Al Qaeda they just lack the power at the present time. Sorry for the rant guess Westboro touches a nerve with me.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-13 AT 02:49PM (MST)[p]Corn,

I think they are offensive and nuts but is it accurate to state that because the WBB Church believes and acts in a certain that means all Christians or Conservative Christians should be painted with the same brush. That is what 440 and Zigga are claiming.

The WBB Church won't have power because they are whack jobs.

Nemont

I never implied all christians are just like Uncle Freddy. I said since you all read from the same page these extremists views offer an idea of why you operate as you do.

Two examples, abortion and gay marriage. you've lost in the supreme court already and it costs you votes in every election yet you won't drop it. this is illogical, unless you understand why you're doing it. which is also illogical.

Most just accept the conservative agenda includes a ban on abortion and gay marriage without considering why that is. Phelps and his followers lay that out quite clear in a radical but authentic fashion. as we see new laws being passed by states every day to do an end run around the constitution I don't think the hows and whys of what we're seeing should be taboo .

There are many great people who are christians this is not the subject. it's how can you be almost as backwards as Phelps on social issues ? it's 2013 and the rest of the world is evolving while we're stuck in the inquisition.

When I say " you " I mean anyone who agrees with Phelps . even if you don't like him or his tactics if you agree with any of what he's selling then you are on the same page for the same reasons. be honest.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude I do think you implied all right wing people are capable of the extreme actions such as Westboro. In my opinion not a fair portrayal. This site is mainly conservative but the members fall all along the conservative political spectrum. I actually considered myself a conservative at one time but the meaning of that has changed till I classify myself as a moderate. I can live with and respect most of their opinions.

If conservatives don't drop social issues from their platforms they will continue to lose national elections that doesn't sell anymore.

It was not my intent if that's how I came across. I live with christians all around me and 99% of them are good people. I do know a few who aren't far off from what phelps says though.

So how do the republicans deal with the evangelicals who are holding the party hostage with these social issues? Phelps may be a radical but he's saying much the same thing just louder. it's funny but at the same time scary.

If you disagree with abortion and gay marriage based on something besides what phelps says what would that be and can you defend it ? maybe that should have been how I asked my question.

Stay thirsty my friends

The Republicans need a leader who will cut the evangelicals loose or will keep them in line. They need to assure the people they will stay out of their bedrooms and women's wombs. Times have changed people are educated enough to realize politicians no matter what party don't hold the moral compass..The country has moved to the middle some farther left, less people on the right means less votes. The demographics of young voters is bad news for republicans unless changes are made. I believe Christie might be the answer in 2016 especially if the Democrats choose Hillary. They just have to be better than their opponent an Hillary lacks likability.

You hit the nail on the head when you said education.

This says it all, the top 8 states in the US for education are liberal. you don't have to be ignorant to be a religious extremist but it helps your odds.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_bes_edu_ind-education-best-educated-index

Smarter people reason for themselves ,they don't take what some old book written by people who thought the world was flat and sea monsters were a legitimate threat says as gospel. that is the bottom line.

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom