Undersubscribed Units 4 and 12- Third Season

H

Huntitifucan

Has anyone hunted these units? Just trying to get a game plan together for a second choice. General questions?. Public access and deer numbers. Which unit is better? Any tips on where to explore to hunt in these units would be appreciated.

Maybe I'm just wasting my time looking at these units with the number of undersubscribed tags.

Thanks for any of your help.

Unit 12 - Sleepy Cat

Unit 4/441 Angle Springs / Slide Mountain

All of these areas hold good numbers of elk !

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-08 AT 02:30PM (MST)[p]I would appreciate any info on cow elk hunting on public land in Unit 4, 4th season.

Mark

>Has anyone hunted these units? Just
>trying to get a game
>plan together for a second
>choice. General questions?. Public access
>and deer numbers. Which unit
>is better? Any tips on
>where to explore to hunt
>in these units would be
>appreciated.
>
>Maybe I'm just wasting my time
>looking at these units with
>the number of undersubscribed tags.
>
>
>Thanks for any of your help.
>
I am looking to hunt deer in these units

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-08
>AT 02:30?PM (MST)

>
>I would appreciate any info on
>cow elk hunting on public
>land in Unit 4, 4th
>season.
>
>Mark

By the fourth rifle season alot of the elk have moved to private land and all the ranch's are on a pay to hunt plan.The weather and hunting pressure has moved them out of the national forest.
If you are going to hunt for elk in unit 4,first season rifle is by far the best.

I,ve hunted 1st rifle elk several times @ 10,000 feet and seen approx 6 deer in 3 seasons. Over 400 elk in the same time. That said, I drove the lower country the night before the elk opener one year, 4/441, and saw 600+ head of deer, 6 bucks 26"+ BUT they were all on private land. Mostly small acrages, less than a section. Don't think that would work well, deer would move if you got/paid for permission. There are larger ranches and I have no idea the prices. Craig chamber of commerence???

How many points to draw first season rifle? Also muzzle loader?
Guess I could look at MM draw odds but will ax the question here first.

1st elk last year was the first year you weren't guarenteed with 1 point but you can still get cow as second choice. 01 and before you could get bull tag as second choice=the good old days!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom