Unit 081 Cow Depredation 4th Season

longpoke

Pulled a cow tag for the area listed above and had some questions. Do any of the ranchers allow hunting/access? If not are there a fair number of cows in the hills around the ranches? Lastly, I will have a 28 foot trailer so any ideas on camping spots near water? I have killed my last couple in 076 and never made it into 081. Thanks in advance and I could help you with bulls or cows in 076.

Thanks,

Tony

Don't know if any of the ranches let you hunt but you really don't need to. Most of the elk i have seen are in the hills anyway. What kind of water are you looking for? water for camp? or water for animals? When is your season? If its late in the year i dont think i would want to have a trailer too far back in the hills. Send me a pm with your questions and i will tell you what i know.

you can put your trailer somewhere near the main road from Montello maybe by schoolhouse canyon or somewhere like that.
Ranchers will let you on to shoot cows - just go ask if you see them on private. otherwise plenty of elk on public up on the hills. Just cruise around and glass til you find them or cut tracks.
not a lot of public ground with water for your trailer so pack extra and services are limited in Montello.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom