unit 10 colorado deer

JC

seriously looking to do a deer hunt in unit 10....any mulie hunters out there that can give me a little bit of info on deer of numbers and quality of a good buck a guy might see there? private message would be great! just some knowledge from someone who might have hunted it recently..or elk guy that might have seen a few deer... thank beforehand if i get a little insight..

Epic Outdoors just had a podcast about colorado deer units. I believe they mention unit 10 as being a unit with low numbers of deer but also low tag numbers and no otc elk hunters. Confirm that first though cause I'm not certain. But it's known to produce big bucks. Took 19 pts for a second season tag, 24 for third.

Last edited:
Epic Outdoors just had a podcast about colorado deer units. I believe they mention unit 10 as being a unit with low numbers of deer but also low tag numbers and no otc elk hunters. Confirm that first though cause I'm not certain. But it's known to produce big bucks. Took 19 pts for a second season tag, 24 for third.
No over the counter elk hunts, but they do have some cow hunts running during second season, and probably 3rd as well not a huge number but you notice them. Doesn't affect the deer hunting to bad.

Lots of private as well but there are plenty of places to hunt. You will want onx or another program that shows ownership/public land boundaries.

Probably not the best unit to burn all the points it takes to get ,I spent some time out there a few years ago and the deer numbers are not great but there are some mature bucks to be found and tend to be taller and heavier than those towards Craig and Hayden but there are better units with better bucks than unit 10 to use your points on. I had a buddy hunt it about 4 years ago and never saw anything really that really stood out, he ended up killing a heavy 5x4 about 25'' but definitely no giant.

.thank you for input.... not sure where to put in honestly after looking at everything that matters to me...but definately looking first for a fun hunt...not too worried about breaking any records...although i wouldnt turn that down...im 65 when hunt starts and am in pretty good shape still..will maybe have to go solo because my small group of partners have gotten old and heavier or not into it..so access is important..no hellholes or super thick timber? cell phone working at times too..just want a chance!!! sounds like unit carries some good deer..maybe not genetics for like 44...but where else?

10 is always going to have some good bucks. They literally have a sanctuary that they can get some age on them. Limited tags, and very few elk hunters. I chased 10 for a lot of years and ended up burning points in 44. I wish I would have hunted 10 looking back on it.

thanks focoelkman and bocephus too for those thoughts...helps!! anybody else have some 10 info...private message is fine

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom