unit 10 deer 2009

YukonDall

Long Time Member
I HAVE A CHANCE TO DEER HUNT UNIT 10 IN 2009, CAN ANYBODY SHED A BIT OF LIGHT ON DEER NUMBERS/QUALITY, TYPE OF HUNTING, OR ANYTHING YOU MIGHT WANT TO ADD. I WILL 2 POINTS...IS THAT ENUFF FOR A NON RES. TO DRAW UNIT 10.....THANKS FOR YOUR TIME...YD.

Big unit, A lot more elk than deer. There are some big ones but not a lot. All terain, high mountains 7000+ to big praries full of antelope. It is open during the Dec and Jan with a bow during the rut. Most deer would be concentrated around the town of Williams which is in the South East part of the unit ( Lots of Hunters as well ) If you go all the way to the north part of the unit there is some private property ( Boquillas Ranch ) Nice deer up there.

Hopefully I have at least got you started..

John

I do not have the 2008 data, but for 2007 a person with 2 Bonus Points had a 21% and 31% chance of drawing units 9 & 10 respectively. I would not think that the 20% NR limit would have an effect for drawing units 9 & 10.

Close to the same draw odds. 10 is much bigger geographicly, but both have areas from ponderosa pine forest to grass flats. Both hunts are general deer hunts with mature bucks, but low success rates and most deer harvested are 1-2 years old. Both hold potential though, but so do other units that I would recommend first if you don't have your heart set on those units. Most of the general hunts in the northern half of the state have potential for a decent buck. Look at the draw odds and number of hunters to make your final decision.

I just spent three weeks in Unit 9-10 doing sheep/elk hunts. Saw exactly 7 bucks in Unit 10, and five of them were in one herd! Best was a 26-inch wide big guy.

Not a place I'd want to try and make a living hunting or guiding in for mule deer.

Now elk..wow, did we see some whoppers out there!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom