unit 10 deer

i drew this tag any info some one could share id be thankfull im planing on going down in early august to do some scouting to but i need some good direction to start thanks

If there was any big deer over there, don't you think I would put in for there............ Just kidding, Matt and Cody will come thru or we will kick thm out of the family.

There isn't a ton of deer but a few monsters! Me and my dad drew the two day season three years ago and it just wasn't enough time. We seen a buck over 200 on the south east side but couldn't seal the deal.

Hunted the unit maybe 8 years back. Like never stop said say 1 absolute PIG, not much else. He was leaving the state after we bumped him from his bed unexpected. Had the best luck walking slow then even slower through the thick stuff. Also scouted in August prior, mistake. The deer were not in the same area come game time. Saw alot of elk and does but the bucks were few and far between. Talked to a few local guys who insisted on staying in the timber and using a brush gun. Have to say, only 3 bucks we saw were in the dark side of the moutains and tucked in nasty little draws. all the beds we found that were in the more open country on the rims and tops of moutains/canyons had been long vacated. Another mistake, left the wall tent and wood stove at home so we could be mobile......talk about cold!

If you want some more specific info PM me and I will dig out the topos.

Good Luck
Mike

haha..its funny i seen this post. just got back from hunting elk with a buddy in unit 10..check out these bad boys..

48bf5885015881b5.jpg

48bf56fd741c3bde.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom