Unit 10 info

muleybull

Very Active Member
Me and 2 buddies drew the archery elk tag for unit 10. Been trying to find a place we can store a elk, rather than drive all the way back to Arizona. Anybody have any ideas on a place that we can hang a elk temporarily until were ready to head home? Hoping for a location along I-40 if possible.

It'll be the first time hunting 10. We have hunted the 15's and 16's before, so were not sure on what we can expect on this hunt. From what I've gathered so far, it sounds like it all depends on the year, maybe just pockets of elk. We have the option of taking the entire hunt off, so we should be able to locate something somewhere.

www.nationwidehuntingadventures.com

I killed a cow there a couple years ago and we took it to a guy in Grants for processing. You might ask him about cold storage. I can get his info if you like.

Take a shovel. I been stuck for two days digging my truck out after rain. It gets slicker than snot on a marble and rutted up real fast. I always took extra coolers and boned out my elk but Grants is not too far out if you can hang it there.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom