Unit 10 map and bulls?

A

anthonyr

I was looking at pictures of unit 10 bulls from the past posted on here. I got lucky enough to get a Nov. tag, and I am looking for the best unit 10 map. Does anybody have suggestions? I heard that the retired G&F Officer, Tim Pender, had made a nice map, but not sure where to find it. Also, anybody feel free to post a pic of your Unit 10 bulls. I am stoked to get to hunt bulls finally! Thank you for your input!

It is only available from G&F unless you can talk someone into giving you one. I've heard they still have them and I've heard they don't have them. It is a very good map, however it is not updated and has significant descrepencies.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

Thank you! Do you have any other suggestions on which map you think is best?

unless it has changed in the last 3 years, most of the roads do not have road numbers on them. I found it to be very frustrating when I started scouting that unit back in 2002. I also have the G&F map Pender made. It is pretty good and definately helped. However, my advice to you is to scout it as much as possible to get to know the area and roads. That unit is huge and you can drive a long way without hitting a marked road. I probably spent 30-40 days over a three year period in the unit and I still don't consider myself very knowledgable about it. Good Luck

10 is definitely a big unit and can be hard to get around with a lot of the maps available. Before specialized maps you would have to get the Kiabab FS map and 2 different BLM maps to cover the unit.

But if I were to invest in a map I think the first one I would get is the unit 10 map from huntmap. I got to check them out at the expo in Phx and was really impressed. I don't think it would be my only map though. I rely a lot on Delorme Topo USA with USGS quad map overlays as well, but that is only viewed on my laptop in camp and doesn't help as much when you're out in the field unless you have a Delorme GPS like the PN-40 to download everything to (still a 3" screen is a little small to view a map on).

http://www.huntmap.com/html/features.html

The maps that BigPig is talking about might be great too, I've just never had any experience with them.

Rackem

489f6a687e21e4e4.jpg

INTERVIEW WITH GOD
http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/popup-frame.html

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom