Unit 119 & 120 Deer

elkhunter7pt

Has anyone got any reports on how the hunting was in these units this year and what size animals you were seeing.
Thanks for any help

i drive through that area a lot and alawys see some monster bucks. i usaully drive a little slower through the area with all the deer on the road. not sure how the harvest was this year but out on a private ranch there was a 200 inch muley taken. i heard this from the oil field guys but i have not seen pictures so i dont beleive until i see it.

I don't know but 128 was a big let down so I'd guess these units are off too.

RE: Unit 119 & 120 & 125 Deer

I already posted on how 125 went for myself and a couple of other guys on the unit. See post titled "Mu Unit 125 Buck"

I haven't heard of or seen any pictures of good bucks that came out of 125 this past season from friends that live over there! If there were any earth shakers, I'm sure I would have heard about it by now!

I live in 120 and our deer seem to be way down. Especially the WT. Just from my point of view I don't even seem to have the number of deer crossing the road or in the fields. I live way out of town so we are very careful about trying not to hit deer with the car.

There is a field just down from my house that was always a good place to see bucks in the summer. There were very few deer and almost no good bucks there this year. And they didn't just switch fields either.

Some friends of mine have lots of private property there and had tags for the late WT hunt and they didn't see anything that even tempted them.

ralphie---It's hard to believe the WT are down anywhere unless they got hit bad with EHD last year where you're at. Is that a possibility because the WT seems to live in a back yard as easy as it does out in the boonies?

EHD and CWD are suspected. I live in extreme western Hot Springs County and of the folks that live out here there is no question that the WT are down in numbers. Just the difference in the number of deer we see on the road is astounding. I have two little kids and they are so used to me slamming on the brakes for deer that once while we were in SLC I had to stop fast and my 4 yr old, at the time, said "was it a deer dad?" In the last 10 months or so we've hardly ever had to stop quick for deer.

My kids even found a dying WT buck in the stackyard. The poor buck could hardly hold his head up and his body was all shriveled up around his skeleton. He had eaten all the hay on the bale he was next to that he could reach while laying there.

We also seem to have a bunch of lions. In the last year and half I have personally seen 8 lions from the road while driving. Most folks can live their whole lives in lion country and never see one. Our lion quota needs to be raised. The gov't hunters sure seem to be doing a good job on the coyotes though. Hardly ever see them anymore.

The lion population where you live must be way out of hand if you saw that many just driving on main roads in that short amount of time.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom