Unit 12 bears

tkjwonta

Planning a trip up to Idaho for my first bear hunt in early June, any suggestions on where to start? I'm just looking for an area with a high bear population. I've already done quite a bit of google earth scouting, but I was wondering if any of you had any personal experience in the area.

Thanks!

No shortage of bears in that country. In fact there for a while you could kill two. Not sure if it's still that way or not. Basically any of the main access roads will get you into good country. Never seen anything real big..........

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

I would echo that.

However if it is your first bear hunt, big is a realitive term. No doubt that there are some nice 250-300 pound boars in there. Plus there are a lot of bears, so it should be a good hunt.

You can always just go down to another unit as well, and look around. (16, 16a or 10...)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom