unit-12 in Quemado NM

F

fulldraw_1

My buddys sister-inlaw just built a cabin outside of Quemado. My question is how is elk hunting in unit -12

Not alot of animals population wise but great genetics for big bulls.
-Raptor

Hey--NMRaptor. Your right about population we don't see a lot of elk or muleys, and we dont see alot of sign either. There is a huge water hole for cattle, would you suggest just sitting close to the water hole, how would you do it. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.

3 yrs ago I think...my wife, my sis in law and cousin got cow on first day of hunt near Red Hill..we stayed in Quemado rv place.

saw few bulls...nothing big...just few raghorns...never see deer..only few antelopes...

congrats with new cabin for ur sis..

vinihunt

>Watch the highway that border unit

Hey--bragabit what is there to watch out for???

When we hunted 12 a few years ago we would see elk crossing the highway into unit 15 in the headlights almost every morning.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom