Unit 12 late rifle hunt

CJhunter26

Sharing my post unit 12 Elk late rifle hunt results. Spent two weeks scouting across Sept and early Oct. Did see a few nice bulls on these scouting trips. However hunted all 5 days and hiked on average 5-8 miles a day. 3 different public land locations. Stayed out all day long. Saw tons of cow elk and cow elk sign everywhere. Bull elk sign was old and minimal. Saw one raghorn bull in 5 days. Overall it was a pretty disappointing elk hunt. I’ve been on tons of elk hunts across NM and I would rate this particular hunt the worst I’ve been on yet. Never heard a gunshot the entire trip. It did have great camping spots, beautiful views and good road access to public land.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom