unit 12 rifle elk

S

stinkystomper

well my story starts out like everyone elses. drew a tag jumped up and down and flapped my hands like a fairy, screamed..... blah blah blah lol. anyways, i get this herd scouted up a week before the hunt. theres about 30 cows 8 6x6 bulls and about 10 satelite raggys in the group. there were two older herd bulls in the herd based on their bugles. one was 300 yds from us and was a solid 370 bull. the other dwarfed the 370. so me and jerry leave the elk there and check up periodically. well opening morning finds me back in the same spot. well we walk and walk and we dont hear a friggin thang! we get to the spot where the elk used to be and what do u think happened? yep u guessed it! bulls started bugling everywhere. we quickly locate the distinctive bugle of the largest bull and maneuver in on top of them. well there i am 300 yds from a 390 bull and my binoculars say shoot but my crosshairs couldnt be seen. i figured screw it! savor the moment and wait the 5 minutes till i can see a little better. well about 2 minutes later every elk in the country is on a dead run and leaving. the outfitter who leased the land 3 miles away is walking through the elk waving his arms and chasing and herding the elk. once the elk got headed in the general direction of the private land the outfitter filed in behind the elk with quads and trucks. in the spotting scope we can see the hunters lining up on the private waiting for the elk that werent about to stop. lets just say i got the royal shaft.

let me ask u guys this.... why is it that i am not allowed to even set foot on private ground or i loose my hunting priveleges, but the private landowners/outfitters can enter public land and herd bulls off our hunting grounds. it may do me no good but i would love to know who leased the land from mr padilla (school bus driver) that lives off highway 60 at mm 24, and who leased the mckinnley ranch near blanes lake. the truck that originaly started the roundup was a ranchhand from the mckinnley ranch but the outfitter was directing the whole fiasco. if anyone on here ever buys a private tag for unit 12 please be aware of their tactics. this is the 3rd time ive experienced this on unit 12 and seems to be the standard business practice for those low life scums. so if anyone ever aspires to hunt unit 12 please be aware of the mckinleys ranch hands and be prepared to act accordingly if u have any ideas of being successful. never got back on a good bull but did pass on several smaller 6x's before giving up the hunt on day 3.

i think i officially despise public land hunting now!

i think the game and fish needs to leave seasons for landowners right where they are but put the public hunts one week before the private hunts. that will allow the public a fair shot at public bulls. a week later when public hunters leave the outfitters can then defile our public grounds at will. god i look forward to the next round of comission meetings. landowners are out of control.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

Next time be on the fence line waiting for them to herd them to you.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Stinky,

When ever you want to start a group against landowner tags let me know. I'd like to sit on the board of such a group. Perhaps we can call it G.S.H.P.L "Get Screwed Hunting Public Land". Well, it's a start.

Anyways, glad we could meet up today and get some food. Your wife and kids are great.

Just sad. This is what things have come to. I was in that area last weekend, and stopped at the local store in Quemado. The same guy that owns the store also owns a butcher shop. According to him, the private land hunts started the day before the public land hunts. Not sure if it was true or not, but he showed me two big 6x6's he had taken in on Friday.

Major suckage--sorry to hear that, Stinky, especially to have something like that happen after all the years you waited to draw that tag...

That kind of crap feels like the unpardonable sin to us public land DIYs, but unfortunately, the landowners/outfitters are going to view it simply as keeping their paying customers satisfied. It does feel like we're all on a collision course...

welcome to public land hunting. That is why those who do it on public land, without an outfitter get so much more respect than those who go private/guided. Go deeper, hunt harder, gather as much intel from others and forums and make the best of it

that sucks! its actually illegal...thats considered harrassment of wildlife and hunters. report them...you would need pictures for proof.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-10 AT 08:45PM (MST)[p]Ditto the report to DG&F. Catron Co for sure.Sounds like the local outfitter/rancher mafia up to same old tricks. Good luck trying to get the local law involved tho. Only Padilla I know there is T. the brand inspector. They all hang out @ the Largo.I have a small ranch in area and have heard of similar tactics. Hence my LO tags are almost worthless,until the hands and outfitters chase them over the mesas to my area. Unit 12 LO tags are ranch only,season Oct. 1st - Dec 31st any 5 consecutive days. Alot of landlocked public land and locked gates to it. Sorry to hear of your trouble Stinky,send me PM. By the way folks,not all landowners and outfitters are A-holes,but the few makes all us look bad. If they hassle me on my 13 mz hunt they will have bitten off more than they can deal with.

According to pg. 9, it is illegal to pursue, harrass, harry, drive or rally any protected species by use of a motor-driven vehicle...

I've never been big on the idea of carrying a video camera with me, but based on tayhot's and stinky's experiences I'm starting to think it'd be stupid not to...

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-10 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]..and to drive atv's and trucks off roads on public land!! All you need is a ID on the vehicle that did. Come to think of it ,it is illegal to harass,interfere, etc.. even on foot!!

Can someone give me the "Cliff Notes" to this post?

Stump, never fails to cry etc!

I just could not read that mess he typed!

>Can someone give me the "Cliff
>Notes" to this post?
>
>Stump, never fails to cry etc!
>
>
>I just could not read that
>mess he typed!

Cliff notes:

Stinky went hunting.

Stinky found 400" bull.

Stinky getting ready to shoot "at" bull (notice I did not say shoot bull) ;)

Rancher and hands come out and herd "their" elk back onto private land.

Stinky mad.

Elkman inquires.

i did go after the outfitter! i had a $120 sitka shirt on and decided its coming off cuz this is about to get ugly n i dont want it ripped!

i was about 400 yds from the white mega cab dodge with a flat bed when he was back at his truck. i dropped all my gear, rifles etc....

the coward ran to his truck, jumped in and took off!

i figure the sight of an angry 6' 3" tall man weighing 282 lbs at 11 percent body, shirtless and screaming like a raving lunatic got the message across to the outfitter that he better get the heck out. i had every intention of putting him in the hospital permanently.

yes padilla is the brand inspector. but he also has a scchool bus parked at his house. i know padilla had nothing to do with this harassment and he's a great guy. but come on. why lease ur land to such low life cowards?

elkman, heres the stupid persons short version of what i just said.

stinky mad
stinky chases outfitter
outfitter runs

statement number 2
stinky answers question for another mm member
stinky states who padilla is.

jesus christ dude! how ##### stupid are you!

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

That is a stinker for sure stinky. That would ruin anyody's hunt the lousy elkherdin SOBS. I don't believe for a minute you have a Sitka shirt..unless Sitka is the name of a new boys band and the t-shirt matches your size 19 tennis shoes. Now quit yer cryin and post the pic of your Navajo bull.
Sam

Stinky does in fact own a Sitka shirt, only thing is that it's a size 2T! He has to remove it if any type of rapid movement is to occur or it will be rags as it takes him an hour and a half to squeeze into it!
On a serious note, let's just head on up there next year armed with only video cameras. I'm all for taking hard evidence to NMDGF and hammering the low life scum....

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-10 AT 02:52PM (MST)[p]I was gonna say something but changed my mind

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-10
>AT 02:52?PM (MST)

>
>I was gonna say something but
>changed my mind

Come on say it. Stinky can take it and dish it out.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom