Unit 13 Rain????

tsbret

Sitting here in S Texas getting some more rain and wondering if Unit 13 is getting some rain finally. I looked at the radar and the weather alerts and it looks like parts of 13 might have gotten got hammered this evening with some flooding from Pietown to Alamo over to Soccoro. Can anybody from that country verify that? I finally drew a after tag 3 year drought of not be able to draw and I am stoked up...can't wait till August to go stomp around and scout the old haunts!

13 had been getting pretty good rain for the last 2 weeks or so. Its finally starting to green up a bit. Hopefully the rains last! raining good right now!!!

I drew 3rd archery elk tag... and it's been 3 years since I've been back there.

I've been watching the rain reports on the NM forum threads here, but 13 is a big unit and from the map they show of the Datil and Magdalena reporting areas being on the south end of the unit pretty much, I wasn't sure where the rain was really falling. So I figured I would see if you guys knew anything.

If it's like around here you can get a 2 inch rain and a neighbor will get 2 tenths...I always tell them they should put a bit more in the collection basket on Sunday's!

Let it keep raining...they say a drought always starts and ends after a good rain! I know it's sure been tough around here...the lake north of us is @ 4% of normal capacity and the old timers have never seen it go dry...even in the seven year drought of the 50's. Very few of our neighbors have had to irrigate this year but we all know the moisture could stop on dime. We're always watching the Gulf this time of year. Keep the reports coming and thanks.

Bret

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-13 AT 00:01AM (MST)[p]I'm off the dividing line of 12/13 and 13 has been getting some. Tonight the Sawtooths and Datil Mtns along with the Malpais. Been raining here at my place for over an hour tonight after going all around me.At times out here you can see green grass on one side of a fenceline and bone dry on the other.I got 2" on Sat and it was dry this morning. But I have standing water in the bottom of the valley. Elk tracks everywhere.
We need alot more out here for sure,but a good start.

The bear mountains West of Socorro have been getting some decent rain lately. Also the arroyos north of Socorro have been running pretty regularly as of late. It's starting to green up just a bit in the SE part of unit 13.
Good luck with your hunt

glad to hear about the rain.I have the second season archery hunt and the areas I like to hunt were needing rain bad.Hope you have a great hunt in 13 to.

Thanks for the feedback Hank and Parecido...looking at the forecast for Magdalena, Saturday has a really good chance...here's hoping for more for you guys!

Bret

Good luck Bill, hoping to get out there mid August to lookover some new areas I've never kicked around in...let me know how you do!

Bret

All I know is that last night west side of Albuquerque had flooding and my back yard was holding 4" - 6" of water as well as hail... I hope the narrows got some and all of 13 for that matter.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom