unit 13 rifle deer hunt...water question

Neckringer

Me and a buddy are heading out there in November. We are trying to figure out if staying in the back country will be doable in the drought. We have concerns about finding water....???

I don't have first hand info about 13, but most of western NM got tremendous rainfall this summer, I'd expect plenty of water.

From what I’ve heard the tanks should all be full all over 13. Easy hiking and very few areas where backpack hunting is necessary in that unit though. Likely if there’s a tank with water there, there’s a road by it, and the deer won’t be where there is no water.

No drought in 13.. Was there for September Elk. I have never seen that much water. Good luck. We saw a few nice bucks as well

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom