Unit 13

J

Jackjr

I thought about trying to put in for unit 13 for mule deer. I see that the odds are about 20-25% to get drawn for a NR. Is the hunting there worth putting in for. I see there is a limited amount of mule deer tags but White tail tags are over the counter. Does this mean that mule deer are scarce? If not drawn I thought I would try unit 22 or 23 for a general season. Thanks for any info. Just kicking around some ideas.

I replied on the general forum, but I think there is only one reason that the unit is only 20-25% for NR, and that is because most of them have access or pay to hunt somewhere. It has been 100% for residents. A large portion of the unit (a lot of the tiny bit of public) was scorched by a very hot fire last year. My Dad has hunted it and didn't see anything that would lead me to apply there if I was looking for a nice buck. I think there are areas that have a little less chance of drawing, but a much better chance of harvesting a good buck. Not to mention a lot more public land. I believe this was a general unit not too long ago and there are certainly general units in the state that produce a lot better hunting. I choose to apply in harder to get areas and hunt general when I hunt in Idaho, but to each his own. I am still looking for a real good place to hunt, though! So best of luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom