Unit 14 report Sept. 6-8

B

bldrbuck

Hunted around the Steamboat area this extended weekend. Bulls are still traveling solo. Several buggles from at 7:30-9:00 pm and then silence until about 3:00-5:00 am. I packed in about 1 1/2 miles and found plenty of fresh sign, wallows and rubs--should turn on in the next couple of weeks. My buddy missed a nice 5x5 on a steep downhill shot--unfortunetly this bull had already been shot as he had about 12" of arrow sticking out his left rear hind quater--would have been great to take that bull and put him out of his suffering. We'll be back for the last 5 days of the season. The aspens are changing and I miss the sound of those bulls already.

Where were you in 14? I used to hunt up there a bunch just north of Clark, CO, but it's been years. Ive moved to another area...

Been hunting the flat-tops lately.

Good luck the next 5 days.

Yep pretty close to Clark--still lots of elk up there. I jumped up a couple does and a fawn and several doe antelope on my way in, but no bucks at all. It's been three years since i've seen a buck up in that country (where i hunt anyway--they're always down in the hay along the Elk river. Two weeks can't fly by fast enough...

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-09 AT 06:07AM (MST)[p]I will be watching this post,as I plan on a muzzleloader hunt in GMU 14 next year.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom