Unit 15 ML Elk

backpacker

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-08 AT 05:26PM (MST)[p]It would appear from the F&G website I drew a muzzle loader tag for the Oct. 11-15 hunt. If anybody has any general info they're willing to share on the unit/size of elk to hold out for it'd be much appreciated. Planning on a DIY hunt. Thanks!

Maps, Scout, find elk then find the bulls - then shoot the bull you want. 330 bull would be a respectable bull they can get big there but if you are going to hold out for a 350 bull your odds of filling your tag went way down.

I would say that 350 is a good score to shoot for. I hunted archery last year and saw at least four 350 bulls all within 2 miles of each other. Just could not quite close the gap. The muzzleloader hunt should be a great hunt. I will be there assisting my dad on the same ML hunt in Oct. Good luck!

I'd be happy with a 330-class bull. From what I've been reading in the archives it sounds doable. Good luck to you and your dad also.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom