Unit 15 Youth Deer Hunt

flyingspearnv

I am new to this site, and normally don't get involved as most of these sites are hopeless, however MM is amazing, I've never seen such a good group of hunters with old school commaradarie, it's awesome! Anyway, my daughter drew the unit 15 youth muzzy deer tag opening november 19th and I was looking for some help. I'm guessing too early for the rut down there, but haven't spent much time down there in the desert. I hear there aren't many deer to begin with and this is going to be pretty tough hunt. We are ok with that, as it's just another excuse to get out with the family and do some camping and hiking. I noticed one wilderness area Mt. Tipton, is this worth spending some time poking around? There's only 20 tags so I don't expect to see too many hunters, but we prefer to get away from the crowds. Anyways, if anyone can help get us pointed in the right direction we would really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch, and keep up the great site!

Dont worry about the wilderness areas, it'll be more trouble than its worth. Steep, nasty, long way in, brushy, and not that impressive, unless you get into the lower elevations.

Just bring a good set of binos and you should be ok.

Like I said in another post, beware the areas that someone just blurts out on this post. Anyone and everyone can read what goes on here, and I dont know many serious hunters that just yell out their good hunting areas to anyone and everyone.

Good luck, and post us some pictures.

www.muleybulloutfitters.com

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-10 AT 01:50PM (MST)[p]
Yeah my daughter will be 12 at the time of the hunt, and I definitely don't want to run her in the ground on her first deer hunt. I learned last year on her cow elk hunt that you can only run so hard without taking the fun out of it. She impressed me nonetheless, after six days of up at 4 am out till after dark, and many miles on the boots, she kept a positive attitude going, and finally got a good opportunity and made the shot, it was the most memorable hunting experience I've ever had, I will never forget the look on her face! Take care and thanks for the response

Just talking about it got me fired up, couldn't resist to post up a couple of pics from the hunt-finally got it figured out

Happy Kid!
9627kylees_cow_elk.jpg

Opening Morning-Great Country!
8954kylees_elk_hunt_opening_morning.jpg

I recognize that water hole. Pretty sure I took my little brother there to kill his first elk, a spike, 12 years ago. My Dad, Grandpa, Brother and I were all together for that one. Great memories. That hunt is not as easy as it looks, nice work.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom