unit 17 and 23 antelope

rifleman

im looking at taking my son on his first western hunt. we didn't draw our desired unit so I'm looking at the leftovers in 17 and 23. been studying maps and satellite imagery. yes, I know public land is very scattered and limited. I'm looking at roads that are labeled the entire length with public land touching. I know they both have wiha. heard 23's is not good antelope country. does anyone have any experience with either unit? I know with quotas down this year and the last couple that few people are getting drawn and these units that have leftovers may be getting crowded.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-14 AT 09:30AM (MST)[p]No comment, other than good luck on finding what you want, as I've been in both!

>LOL

Just thought I'd leave well enough alone after the way that other thread went! Hope the decision you make works out for you!

My son and 4 of his work buddys bought a unit 23 leftover buck antelope tag two years ago and hunted a small,about 1 square mile ,of public land and they were all done by 10 O'clock in the morning on the first day of season.Nothing huge but they all took a buck.I don't know exactly where they hunted but they all said they had a good time.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom