unit 18 / 22 mt goat?

madmoose

has anyone in here hunted unit 18 or 22 mt. goat? would like to hear any input you have on your experience. good, bad, or indifferent.

My brother and i drew tags in unit 22 about 4 years ago. It was an awsome hunt.He harvested a nice billy with his rifle. I chose to bowhunt wth traditional equipment. i ended up not getting a goat but got all the goat packing I wanted helping my brother get his out. we were hunting around the emerald lake area.get in good shape if you drew a tag. Good luck.

thanks for the info and sharing your experince Kiyi..since you were not able to harvest, are you going to give it another shot?

I have thought about it but I am 51 years old. i would have to get in better shape than I am in now. Believe me when I say it is a very demanding hunt. if you had access to some pack animals it would be ideal.I dont know what the chances of drawing a tag again would be. I had put in for about 5 years for goats. I believe twice in unit 22. I put in with my brother(his first try) and drew.He had a rug made of his goat. It is quite a trophy. Have you drawn a tag or are you thinking of next year?

a friend of mine put in for 22 this year, i will be putting in for other hunts this year but next year would be looking pretty bright. so i was inquiring for his possible draw, and then build off of that for next year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom