unit 18 elk

ToddT

I drew a first season rifle tag in unit 18 for elk. I have good and bad things about this unit. I have heard to hunt the National Park boundaries in the roughest areas. What are your thoughts? Thanks for any help.

I hunted the Troublesum Basin in muzzleloader season and saw 47 elk thru out the season. Not a ton of elk,but plenty for a good hunt.

Hope you like the thick stuff :)
If you like the wilderness hunts the "never summer wilderness" is on the west side of the park. You can actually walk into the area from inside the park to save some distance, there is a campground on the way in from Grand Lake. can't remember how you are required to register but it's possible, just call the park office and ask or check their website. The resident animals know the boundary with in inches but their is probably some big bulls up in the wilderness till 1 oct or later possibly.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom