Unit 18 Elk

acafton

My wife drew a rifle tag this year after 6 years of us both putting in. We have ridden horses from Heavens Gate to Cow Creek and been down Dry Diggins as well. I was hesitant for us to put in again for the tag with the increased tag #'s and the new archery tag #'s last year, but we have good memories of the area and are excited for the hunt. A quick question for anyone who may have knowledge of the hunt last year and would be willing to share info. How vocal were the bulls after the archery hunt? Were the elk pushed well down toward the Snake? Or were some still up top? We are trying to decide whether to bring stock up from the top, or come up the snake in a boat and hike up the lower end...Sheep or Bernard creek. Any ideas as to the pressure in the mid-range between the top and the snake. Thanks for the info in advance. Please PM me if you want to.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom