unit 19 sheep

C

clearwaterart

So I had put out some feelers on unit 19 sheep cuase I was thinking of putting in for unit 19 sheep well I did, and gone drawn. So again I am asking for any info, thoughts, or suggestion. I am a first time gospel and sheep hunter, got a jet boat and horses just looking to make the most of my pre season scouting and well frankly the hunt its self

LAST EDITED ON May-26-09 AT 09:01AM (MST)[p]Use the horses as much as possible. I dont know when your planning on hunting but the water is extremely low in the fall and that river is a rock garden all the way up.

Have you looked into doing a drop camp or are you doing it all on your own? If you are maybe you could contact shepp ranch and see if they could drop you off up river somewhere. If your hunting from the river i would hunt last week. I spend a lot of time up there so i could keep my eyes out for you.
Brian

I should have read your post better!! sorry! I see you have a jet boat. Jetsled is right,,it can be really rocky that time of year. Maybe in your circle of buddies you can find someone that knows the river and can get you up there. thats a great hunt man!! I put in for that unit for years and got tired of not drawing.
Brian

Thanks for the responses everyone. You all have been helpful in confirming what stuff I had found out or thought before even posting. I do know a couple people who know part of the river. I wasnt realy expecting to see much as far as big rams go down by river but always good to have back up plans.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom