unit 19

C

clearwaterart

I posted on the sheep page but some might not go to that one. Anyone got any info on unit 19 sheep thinking of putting in for it. I know it not the best sheep unit. Also even if I dont get a sheep tag I was thinking of hunting deer and or elk there. So if any of ya have any info on unit 19 it would be very helpful.

I have kicked around that unit quite a bit. Have done a few late season elk hunts in there.
I am considering puting in for sheep in there as well.
What exactly is it that youa re wondering about it?

better bring a jet boat and plan on packing in or camping on the river and hiking in before first light. Hunting from the boat will pay off to but to many people do it these days. If you are interested in hiring a guide check out Shepp Ranch. I used to guide and pack for them, they are a great outfit and run 100% opportunity on there sheep hunts. Sheppranch.com or stop in at the corner of the Salmon River and Crooked Creek-Gospel Hump Wilderness. Reall pretty reall great and lots of sheep, deer, and some elk up on top. Good luck!!!

last year, Jeff and Mike are great guides up there. I also worked for Wind River outfitters, up the Wind River pack bridge a few years ago. I spend alot of my free time still traveling around up there exploring, panning for gold, and find new hunting spots to give others tips on places to go. Also, if you hike in on the Wind River Pack Bridge trail and take the main trail straight for approx. 3/4-1 mile there are some good cliff faces on both sides of Wind River and I have seen some good full curls in there also.

ive been looking on google earth at the trail from the pack bridge. looks like an absolute bastard to get to the top on foot. but the terrain up top does not look that bad (hiking wise). how many miles is it from the river to the top? i saw a couple guys coming down on horseback a few years ago while steelheading and decided to see if they had any success. the buck they had wasnt very wide...24-25. but the mass was AMAZING! looked like little branched lodgepoles coming out of his head.

I have hunted it in the past and the country is terrible to put it lightly. You better have a great set of hunting boots and a lot of wind in your lungs because its the steepest nastiest ##### I have ever been in. Most of the sheep I have seen have been right along the river though. I have never seen one way up in there.

You probly know my brother Billy! He works at polly b now. We have probly met before. i've spent a lot of time on the river.
brian

19 is steep country but the hunt for deer goes to Nov 18 with any snow the big ones come out

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom