Unit 2 and 201 Elk Management Plan - Draft

It is unfortunate that CPW bowed to the wishes of the ranchers who graze their cattle on PUBLIC land, and ultimately chose a lower population objective that all three options they originally presented. And the reason they did so is that the ranchers were much louder than the sportsmen during the public comment period.

Chris, do you know if this is the first or second presentation of the plan to the Commission? If it is the second, they will be approving it at next week's meeting.

I've said before and will again that I think the quotas are too low in some of these "trophy" units. They could sell a few more tags and still maintain a quality hunt. As it is now, they are wasting the resource and many guys are never able to accumulate enough points to hunt one of these units. I think this is true for both bulls and bucks. Plus, increasing the tags in these under hunted areas will take a some of the pressure off other units.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom