Unit 2 Archery Elk

Hi guys, I drew second season archery elk in 2. I'm new to that area. My experience is down in 34 helping my kids get an elk. Now Dad gets to hunt finally! Just trying to get some general areas to check out. Will try to scout 3-4 days in August. I have low expectations for big bull but high expectations to have fun. Some have helped already, thanks for that!

Thanks for "PMs" not "spams"..... autocorrect must have got me! The general info is so great from you guys. Can't wait to get out and see the country. My elk hunting has been in WY and CO and in NM 34,13 with my kids.

I have hunted that same hunt last several years 2B. Its been hot as hell during this time and your best bet is to hunt water, we've always gotten on them at water or going to water early hours between 6:30-8:30am. The goal is to get way back away form the mass of hunters most hunters in that unit all pile in close to the hwy and spend days bugling to each other. Pretty funny actually. Got to be willing to get out and walk. Lots of locked gates but if your willing to get out past those gates your chances will go way up. There is not a large number of elk here most heards are 6-10 at the most that we have seen but they are there. Get up to Eul point or Middle Mesa these are your best chances in my opinion.

There are elk in unit 2? I thought that was mule deer country! I agree the elk are few and far between but, I've seen a few nice bulls off the shores of Navajo lake. The biggest bull I've seen there was by the forestry cabin standing in the middle of the road alone.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom