Unit 21 elk?

4000fps

Might be going to help a buddy hunt deer there during 2nd season. Wondering if it is worth me buying a bull tag?

PM if you don't want to post here.

Thanks.

I work right in the middle of 21 and live in Rangely.

I've killed 3 elk in 21. 2 cows and 1 bull that grossed 296.

It's rough thick country, but there are elk around. If you are going to road hunt (which seems to be the best method for deer hunting around here), I would say save your money.

If you bust your butt, you will find elk.

This is my 2007 21 bull. 296
4745bced55cab0b3.jpg

Good luck,

Todd

I was also going to add that it's huge country and it's easy to distance yourself should you choose.

On a deer hunting note, the first deer I have seen in the lower country just showed up 2 days ago.

I think the 2nd season is going to be a tough hunt this year.

Todd

Hey Todd,

Hows the weather been around Rangely. I'm heading out that way for the third season. Good luck to you.

five_point_buck
C.B.C.S.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-08 AT 07:38PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the input. I might try and hunt 21 at least a few days, if I don't get a bull in another unit that I might try first.

PS. Nice bull!

Larry,
I'll be giving you a call as soon as I get there. I manned up and am heading out Sunday to catch up with my buddies, I can be in pain there as well as home. I might need more Whiskey at night, but what the hell you only go around once. Same cell # ?

This was the first morning with hard frost. Man what a tough hunt. I only had a cow tag and only seen 3 bulls. A spike, a raghorn 5x5, and another six point that was a little bigger then the one I got last year. I averaged 7-10 miles on foot a day. The 5x5 and the six were running together. Out of all of my hunts I only seen elk on two hunts. I tracked the spike down after that hurricane came through.

Good luck 2nd seasoners, you're gonna need it. I hope 3rd around here is better.

Todd

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom