Unit 23 antelope question

Max_1

I am hunting this unit from Oct 22 to 26 on a 15000 acre ranch in the southern portion of the unit and i was wondering with my limited amount of time what kind of quality could i expect to harvest? I know there are lots of antelope up there. I just don't know what the trophy quality is.

I've hunted the unit a couple of times, we we're about in the middle. 12" - 14" was the range. Not BC, but plenty large enough. Good luck!

nrueh

Thanks. That is kind of what i figured. My dad has been up there a lot, but I have not had a chance to make it up there myself. I am looking forward to taking my first antelope.

Have fun, just don't shoot the first thing you see. They all look like B&C bucks at first. It's a great hunt to go with family on.

Good luck,

nrueh

I hunted a unit just below 23. See my post Antelope in the snow. Based on what I saw this year, if you look around at all you should be able to get a 14 inch buck with nice mass if the weather ins't too bad. I did see an honest 16 inch buck in 21 on the way to Kaycee. He was on public no less all by himself. Anyway, if you have a ranch that big you should have fun. Good luck and really like has been said over and over, don't shoot the first one you see and they really all do look bigger especially if walking away from you - until you get them on the ground then they seem to always shrink:)

We filled all four tags in our group. I really enjoyed Wyoming and the amount of game we saw.

4aeb2091271fafcf.jpg

4aeb20b2283786b6.jpg

4aeb20db2972a783.jpg

4aeb20ff2b1b0b6a.jpg

4aeb211a2bff0b6a.jpg

Nice antelope ! Sure looks like you had a great time! And thats what it's all about !

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom