Unit 23 coues (not Burrows area)

DanBucks

I just got back from my whitetail hunt in unit 23. 1 of 5 NR tags!
I had good info (I thought) about where to hunt-Whiterocks area NW of Alma. Didn't see any deer at all after two days of scouting and two more of hunting. After talking to locals and some other N Mex hunters, they said to go down to Harden Cienega by Mule Creek.
Moved camp on Monday, meet the rancher there later that day. He said the area doesn't hold much coues deer, but hunt along the hills leading down to the San Fransisco River. I did see 3 coues does Tue morning, but that was it. Nothing Wed either.
So my question is: Where should I have gone? You know, in case I draw a coues deer tag again! Thanks for any info.
DanBucks

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom