unit 25/27 diy elk hunt

F

frayed

Drew my first elk tag ever and it will be a diy hunt and will be in unit 25 question is, I'm bow hunting, what dates in sept would be best to be on the mountain, I'm a brand new newbie to elk hunting, but I do know that at different elevations best dates change. Anyone dare guess at a good time frame.

Congrats on the tag, I drew the type 1 myself and will bowhunt the last few days scouting for rifle opener in 27. If we get early heavy snow we will concentrate on some of the limited public ground down lower in 25.

Any feed back would be appreicated also.

Thx
Bill

Thanks for the reply, Have you hunted this unit before and what part of Mich are you from? I'm from the sw area of Mich. I will be hunting near the Needles if you know the area. I don't, but have a friend that has hunted this unit 3 times over the past 10 yrs. he's set me up with his old maps. I hope to take a bull with my bow, but will take a rifle just in case I can't get it done. I will be in a spike camp around the 20th

Thats pretty cool, Buchanan is where I hail from. You?

Never stepped foot there before lol. But I know the needles from Google Earth though...

Thinking of south east of there. Will be in our camp on the 28th and pack a bow while scouting for rifle opener.

Trying to put my cousin on an elk, it will be his first trip out west. Needless to say he is shooting 1st unless we split up for a 1/2 day or something.

We will be getting some horses dropped off and trailering them up on into camp via forest serive roads. Still researching the area and logistics though.

Hit me with an email at [email protected]

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000853250616

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom