unit 26 moose

jetlag

Got lucky and drew a unit 26 moose permit? I will not have much time to hunt so i was hoping someone could tell me what to expect on this hunt. I can hunt with a bow or rifle. Is it worth going in early sept even though the rut hasn't kicked in. Thanks

Early and bow hunting them would be great as far as other tag holders being around hunting.

I like the north end of 26 myself----but you may have more interest else where?

Where ya traveling in from?

Robb

traveling from out west. Its about a 12 hr drive. I am interested in the early bow hunt because I coach youth football and we have labor day weekend off. I just do not want to drive all that way if there is no shot at all. Just starting my research so I have no preference about north or south. I am planning on a couple of short trips rather than one extended trip.

That freaking Labor Day wknd would be the worst hunt days of the whole season!

Avoid that date at all cost....

It is a zoo with holiday campers/ATV's/hikers/horseback riders/ and so forth.

No doubt that way in any state???

I am sure you will be fine no matter when you come over and hunt your moose.

I will be up that way next month on a camping trip and will let ya know what I am seeing.

Robb

I have been up there since thursday and just got home.

Wet and cold and just wonderful!

Saw a couple Velvet Moose and 2 cows with calves...way nice.

Robb

Robb,

After viewing the 2010 moose draw odds, I am bailing on unit 23 and applying for 26 next year. Odds for 10 point holders went from 25% to 5% in unit 23. Odds for 10 point holders in unit 26 stayed around 50%. I don't care about trophy moose size any more. I just want to burn my points and get out of their $75/year game. Should have a good chance next year since half the guys in that pool drew out this year (5 out of 11).

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom