Unit 27 Access

DEADicated

I'm taking my kids on the late season deer hunt in Unit 27 next month. In the past we've flown into one of the Middle Fork strips. I was wondering if any of you have horse packed down Camas Creek from Meyer's Cove. If so, is the trail to the Middle Fork good? How is the November deer hunting in the vicinity of the trail compared to the area around the Flying B / Mahoney Creek? Is it easy to cross Camas Creek to the SW on horses (towards Woodtick Creek)?

Thanks for your help,
DEADicated

Camas is one of the main routes in, and one of the only ones after the snow flies, so should be a fine trail. It is a small stream that time of year so should be easy to ford, although I do not have firsthand knowledge on that part. I would think you'll want to get away from the trail a bit given the amount of traffic it likely sees. Curious why you're switching plans...too busy around the B?

pwdr.

Thanks pwdr,

Yes, the last time we went to Bernard and there were WAY too many people. The best deer we saw were barely wider than their ears. We'll probably still fly in this year because of the number of kids (3) that are going, and that is a long horse ride for kids, just to get into the unit.

With this info, we'll probably take the horses next year though.

Thanks again for the information.
DEADicated

Has anyone been around the Josephus lake area. We are heading up there also in the next week or so, but I have heard that with any snow, that road (seafoam) can be a little tricky going up over the pass. Not sure if we will be able to get in or not. New area to me, but I guess there are some animals running around.

Thanks guys!

Hi pwdr,

I responded to your PM. We're going in on Nov. 12 depending on weather conditions.

Good luck to you guys.
DEADicated

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom