Unit 27, Kremling

DKMULEYBUCK

My boss has a tag for 3rd season deer and doesnt know where to start. I told him I would see if anyone on here had any info. Any information would be helpful... I could sure use a Christmas bonus!!

There are some nice bucks running that area. Not sure about 3rd season rifle though. I saw two nice 30"'ers running the ridge directly above red dirt res, also a nice 4x4 with tall tines coming out of a ravine on the other side. Couldn't get the width as he stayed broadside to me the entire time. I'm not sure they are still there though but every time I went up elk hunting I saw some fine bucks. If the snow is deep, stay in the bottoms south of the res, between the res and the private land, or try the back side of the mountain just above the res, theres a nice opening back there with plenty of food and coverage for them. Decent area, you just have to look for them. Good luck!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-09 AT 05:51PM (MST)[p]I was just there today. sun. the 13th. I also have a 3rd season buck,cow,and bull tag for that area. I went for a scouting trip and saw TONS of people muzzleloader hunting. Man you talk about having to tip toe around private land.
What my main concern is , is getting back up in there with the camp trailer and the having it snow and cant get it out. Trying to get a 30ft trailer off the mountain in snow would not be fun. There are few spots to camp and there were people in every hole. There were probably 10 camps at red dirt res. We got our tags on the left over list. I think I will have a talk with my son and possibly just get some refunds. I dont know. Let me know what you find out

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom