Unit 27 late rifle bull

forest_freak

I drew a late rifle tag on unit 27. Hoping to DIY but might consider an outfitter. Those of you who know the unit, is this a hunt where someone could be successful on a 360+ bull DIY? Post wallow fire would you still recommend hunting the blue? Are horses going to make me more successful? Have maps and already talked with the forest and azgfd unit manager. Planning to make a couple scouting trips to get a fill for the unit this summer. Any one that knows the unit I'd love to hear your thoughts, ideas, suggestions. Thanks in advance.

If you consider an outfitter I would say that DC Outfitter's from the Gila Valley probably is the most consistent camp on this hunt year after year.

Its possible to kill a 360+ on any AZ hunt, but its going to be tough. Unit 27 is nasty steep, and yes horses would help. I don't know about the blue after the fire but getting away from folks always helps.

PM me. I drew last year and again this year. You want to go with Jeff Lester. Hunt Hard Outfitters.

You already answered your question, you have your own horses then the blue or below the rim is the place to be just remember that time of year the bulls are batching it and usually get on them burnt north facing hill sides bunched up and not moving much. Usually the steeper and bigger the canyon the better.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom