UNIT 27 Weather

EVILNR

Very Active Member
I have a Dec.7-15th Coues tag in 27 and come the first of the year my 15 y/o son and I will be trying to fill a couple of Javelina tags.Wondering what kind of weather/Temps to expect? trying to plan sleep systems.
Coues hunt will be backpack Shrek style.
Javi tags will be big tent/vehicle camping.
thanks in Advance.

Daytime weather is spectacular. I love the southwest desert in the winter.

According to Weather.com ? Lordsburg looks like this...

Dec/Jan
ave high 59F
ave low 24F
record high 80F
record low -14F
ppt 0.91 to 1.23 in/month

"Dress in layers"

I usually have hard-wall accommodations for the jave hunt, but I'm pretty sure my 40-yr-old 3-season bag wouldn't be warm enough in a tent. Supplementary heat in the big tent would go a long way.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-19 AT 12:44PM (MST)[p]Wow! Lil mo chilly than I thought.
Wife wanted to tag along, never been to NM.
Looks like she might need some warmer stuff.
I've hunted WSMR in Jan. and had some REALLY
high winds one night/next day. Would that be
normal for unit 27/SW part of the state?

Never hunted it but I believe their is a lot of illegal crap going on in that area. Not sure I would take the wife. You may end up in a shot out at the ok coral down there.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-19 AT 04:16PM (MST)[p]>Never hunted it but I believe
>their is a lot of
>illegal crap going on in
>that area. Not sure I
>would take the wife. You
>may end up in a
>shot out at the ok
>coral down there.

Wife and son are just going on the Javelina
hunt which is a statewide tag,,,,not sure where
we'll be.
I will be well armed on my Coues hunt for sure.

I back packed into 27 4 or 5 years ago on the December hunt and had sleet, fog and wind one day and then it was nice for a couple days. Don?t remember the temps but I was in a 15 degree bag and don't remember being cold. Definitely didn't have the 7 degree temp that Paul had though. Shoot me an email if you have any other questions.
[email protected]

Andy

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom