unit 2b map

I'm starting to research my first out of state draw, 2b 2nd rifle mule deer. I'm looking for a really good map of the unit. I've seen some really bad unit maps from my home state ,Colorado. Any recommendations on where I can get a great map for this unit?

Click on the Navajo Reservoir map in the above link and be aware that a lot of the roads in the unit that show on the map will have locked gates allowing only foot access past those points. We were there last November and I'm not aware of any map that shows where the actual locked gates are located. The best hunting is to park at a locked gate and start walking and glassing and the further you go the better you will probably find it.

LAST EDITED ON May-28-12 AT 03:44PM (MST)[p]Locked gates sound good to me cause I'm not afraid to walk but let me ask this, can I ride a MT bike or horse past these gates? Thanks for all the map info I really appreciate it and if anyone else knows about more maps please keep the info coming!

Yes, a bike or horses/mules is allowed, just no motorized vehicles past those gates. I wish we would have had some mountain bikes last year, even though with the moisture we had it would have made it a little tricky with the muddy roads.

I used horses on my hunt, The hardest part was getting water for them(pulled in the dark and set up about a mile from the nearest water hole) had 40 gal in the tank on the trailer then it was about pumping water into a barrel and bring it back to camp every other day and the wild studs wanting to make off with my mare and mule glad I had a strong corral for them.
But we covered so good ground.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bike will all depend on the weather.... last year no, we had 12" pf snow roads were a mess. Locked gates are not always the answer, remember all the oil and gass guys still drive in EVERY day, there is NOT any true truck free or road free areas in 2B

www.200inches.com

LAST EDITED ON May-28-12 AT 09:04PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-28-12 AT 09:01?PM (MST)

Yep; there is definitely a lot of oil and gas truck traffic on all the roads up there every day and even some at night. I was wishing at times that I could have lassoed one of those wild horses that are all over the unit and used one of them while we were there. I guess they are trying to remove some from throughout the area, but if it was allowed they almost need to shoot a bunch there are so many up there. Here is just one small bunch of many we ran into and they all seemed in good shape.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/29842011_trip_131.jpg

No got greedy and and screwed up. BUT I saw the ones that I came down there to get, so Now I'm waiting until I draw again.
I saw 3 shooters and Sh!t, Now my day is ruined(bad memories) LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom