Unit 2B Second hunt

baerman

We hunted hard and tagged out. Took this guy at 230 yds on the last day of the hunt. His ears are tore up. He was a scrapy buck. The bucks were just starting to sniff around at the end of our hunt. This last season should be incredible. Thanks to everyone who helped us out!
4af8760d3eaed15d.jpg

4af876293f455107.jpg

Great buck. He looks as if he has been around a while. How did his teeth look? Do you think he had already passed his prime?

My Dad had the 3rd hunt and we hunted them hard for two days. We passed, the first day, a few 140-150ish bucks and heard a ton of shots. The second day we saw no bucks and my Dad started to freak out. Sooooo, even though i tried to talk him out of it, he blasted a forkie the 3rd morning. Sure wish we could have come out of there with one like yours!!!

Great job.

Thanks. I thought he was a really old buck as well but his teeth were in great shape. I'd estimate him at 5-6 yrs old. Not a spring chicken but not a geezer either.

Hey congrats man. I was begining to think you guys got lost out there not hearing from you. Beautiful buck. Love the height.

Congrats to a great buck! Looks like he is starting to rut. I am going to put in for that tag next year and if luck is on my side I will draw it and if I get lucky I will get a monster like yours. Did you pass up any deer? If you did what was the biggest one you passed up? That is one heck of a buck!!!!!!

we some bucks but it was a slow start. I saw two others that were slightly larger in our unit and one giant outside the unit. Not exactly what we were expecting but it was still a fun hunt and good to see new country. We averaged 6 mile days on foot, mostly in the darkor afternoons. Good glass is imperative. Much different country than I was expecting.

Man that is a toad of a buck!!! I'll bet he was a heavy pack out!! Congrats Bearbait!!

SH29 - Send it, I'd definately like to see it. I heard from Spencer that it had some character in the eye gaurds.

He a pretty nice buck. Fun hunt too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-09 AT 03:36PM (MST)[p]I hunted with Baerman and we had a great time. I sure think a lot of New Mexico and the country you guys have there. I hope I get the chance to go back someday.

4b1446f5199c4db6.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom