Unit 2b Success Father and Son Double UP!!!!.

biggamehunter35

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-11 AT 01:44PM (MST)[p] This is the time of year I always look forward to for hunting because I get to spend extra time with my father. Since I have been a little boy my dad always made sure to take me out mule deer hunting. This year we were lucky enough to draw a 2b deer hunt. One of my good friends also and drew a tag with us. We all were looking forward to this hunt. None of us new this area but I had hear a lot of good things about it. With work and everything we never got time to go scouting but I got maps and found a couple of areas I wanted to look at the evening before our hunt.
That evening we set-up camp we got in a little late but still went out for a drive all we saw were three doe?s. That morning I was the first one up waking up my dad and friend. My dad says to me you're still excited like the first time when I took you hunting with a big smile on his face. That morning it was snow and the roads were a mudding mess. On our way up we decide to not drive that far in due to the mud and didn't want to mess up my father?s truck. So we all waited for the sun to come out. We were all saying how nice it would be if we would all fill out our tags. We all split up on our own ways wishing each other luck and not knowing where we were really going just knowing we were in public land by the map we reviewed in the truck. After walking roughly 3 miles each, we all saw deer this opening morning. My father said all he saw were doe?s and my buddy said a couple of forks but never gave him a shot. And for me I had a saw a huge 10 point buck but also didn't give me a shot. That pretty much sums up day one.
Day two in the morning we had seen just a lot of doe?s. But that afternoon will be a day I will never forget. That afternoon we decided that we would hunt the same area. Both my dad and my buddy wanted to try a different area but I told my dad just one time I know there are some good buck in the area. They agreed with me. I told them we need to be out there by 1:00 p.m. because we have a good walk and so we could get back to the truck before dark. As soon as we got off the truck my dad took the high part I took the middle part and my buddy the low part. Right way we scared an 8 point buck, but he ran in the tree right way and was unable to get a shot off. I followed the track and called my friend on the radio let him know he was going his way but he never saw him. Around 3:30 me and my buddy were back at the truck waiting we waited for about 15 minutes. We waited and waited for my dad and he would not answer the radio. We heard a gunshot, I got all excited telling my buddy it has to be my dad, let's spread out and walk in the direction, he said, ?ok?. I walked about ? mile while my dad was trying to get a hold of me. I asked, ?did you get one?? he said, ?yep but I didn't know if it is big enough for you?, joking around. At this point I knew it was a nice looking buck. He said I'm a mile and half away from the truck I knew I was close to him. Then on the radio, I heard him saw, ?I see you?, I walked straight to where he was. He met me and showed me the buck my it was breath taking, I have never seen a six pointer that big in my life. I was jumping up and down hugging him telling him, ?That's a hell of nice buck.?

8185100_3594_0002.jpg

At that time my dad caught some movement he said to me, ?Look behind you at 200 yards?. There was another buck heading in our direction, just cleaning the ridge. At the same time I grabbed my rifle put a round as fast as could and I put the cross hairs on him, he was about to start running that's when I pulled the trigger and dropped him in his tracks. Now my dad was the one hugging me and saying good job that is a big body buck. I couldn't believe it, It was like a dream come true I killed a buck on the same day as my father, and two really nice bucks at that. They are only 6 pointers but they're the best six point bucks in the world to me and my dad. We drug the buck to where his buck was and he told me the story about his buck. ?It was 400 yards away?, He said. He thought it was a coyote running through the sage brush then he put his scope on it and it was a buck with a good spread with deep forks and he could tell he was on the run. He said, ?I had already been spotting him, so I took the shot, he gave me and dropped him in his tracks too?. When my buddy got there, he was all happy for us. We laughed; we joked around, and took pictures and everything. That next morning I went out with my buddy and right way we ran into a small fork and before I even got a chance to he said, ? do you want to take him, he had shot, he was so happy. I was happy for him; it had been years since he had killed a buck. All I can say is this hunt is full of memories I will carry with me forever. I hope one day I'm lucky enough to do this with my son too!!! I would like to thank my father for always taking me out hunting and my wife for also being understanding and letting us go out hunting. Thank you lord for letting us harvest such nice bucks.

5192r1-03306-018a.jpg

3516r1-03306-025a.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-11 AT 05:34PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-11 AT 05:30?PM (MST)

Thanks, Me to that is also the biggest fork i have ever seen. It took my breath away when my dad first showed it to me.

Yeah he still had his teeth a game wander check us and he took a look at him and told us that he is a mature buck when he look at his teeth he said he is roughly between a 5 or 6 year old buck.

those are memory's that u will never forget cuz,those are two trophy mules congrats!!!

I might have a pair of sheds off your dads Buck, Can you send me a PM where in 2B you got him and I will try and send you a picture of those sheds. I picked them up on the east side of the unit.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks Spur1!! My dad is really happy with him its hard to make him smile but boy did he after we got these bucks. It was one fun hunt. I hope one day we draw this unit again.

No the sheds I got wasn't close to that, But he sure is from the same genetics, Maybe his daddy bred a few does up in colo. and they just winter in different parts of 2B now.LOL.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Your probably right. Those are some great gentics. Sure would like to see what his dad looked like. Sorry i took so long to get back to you!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom