Unit 3/301 4th season

silverstem

Unfortunately we did not draw any elk tags this year, so we jumped on the first ones we were sorta familiar with.We only have been over there during antelope season and was wondering how the elk hunting was during the 4th season??We plan on scouting the next couple of weekends and was wondering where to start?? Be will to swap info, have been in unit 21 a lot...shoot a pm if you would prefer... happy hunting!!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-13 AT 11:09PM (MST)[p]In units 3/301 4th season the elk should be down from high elevations off Black Mountain it all depends on the weather? I have a friend that's got a ranch in unit 3 and he told me yesterday he had about 40 elk on his ranch that had migrated in because the weather lately and his sons hunting up high right now and said the snow was deep right now up high. I think if u scout in 3/301 in the next 2 weeks it will be useless because the elk will probably still be up high like I said it depends on weather deep snow will push them down into the sage I think 4th season will be good this year I would scout a couple of days before the hunt started if u go the next couple weekends they probably won't be where u found them! good luck.

Thanks for the reply, I will take that into consideration and just get over there a couple of days early and look around. I have friends that have 3rd season tags and probably will rely on them pretty hard...

There are some BLM areas we've hunted north of Maybell, and some BLM areas west of town that are on the north side of 318. We've had some success in these areas, but like the others said a lot of it depends on how well the snow has pushed the animals in there. There are some small amounts of resident animals that are in there year round but they are very spooky and hide well! Good luck!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom