Unit #3 Colorado

littlebull209338

Just got back from muzzle loading for deer in unit 3. I have hunted this same ranch for nine years and this year the herd was less than a third of past numbers. The good news is antler growth is excellent...the bad news is there are not many with antlers. VERY BAD winter kill for both deer and antelope.

Haven't heard that yet so thanks for sharing. If unit wide it's very concerning since CPW issued more doe tags this year as well for most seasons.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

>I drew unit 3, 4th rifle.
>How concerned should I be?
>I would hate to waste
>this tag.

I would think the hunt should be even better by the fourth season as more deer have been pushed into the area.

I've hunted this unit 18 years straight it's by far the worse year I've ever seen! On top of that the DOW issued 200 more tags for the 3rd season! Game warden told me they are Targeting the Mature bucks because they carry highest concentration of CWD! We hunted 2nd Season total deer numbers was 1/3rd of what I normally see! My son did kill a nice Stag buck on the last day and it was by far biggest buck we saw! We probably saw a total of 8 bucks in 11 days! Good luck with your hunt ! Your going to have to hunt harder than normal unless something has really changed?

>Pictures or it didn't happen. Ha.
>Love that part of the
>state.

Look in mule deer forum under Colorado Stag I posted a pic of it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom