unit 30 muzzleloader question

NMHUNTER...Generally by October 31st they are all Denned up in the upper half of the State North of HWY 380.. in the lower half they don't use large Dens as much and depending on the air temps of at least 70 degrees can come to the surface and lay in front of whatever hole or crevase they decided to Den-up in during Winter months.

Snake chaps or Gaiters would not be a bad idea if you will be frequenting any Rocky outcrops while hunting in October in unit 30.

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

thanks for the help. i know it was kind of a stupid question, but I got my wife going this time and i dont want her getting bit.sorry for the earlier post space bar wasnt working.

Saw a HUGE diamondback in 30 a few years ago on the second rifle hunt. Around Nov. 14th if I recall. He was up in a little cave in the rocks near our camp. my son was messing around climbing on the rocks and came running back to where we were unloading. It was only 40? and raining. I thought it was way too cold, but sure enough, he was there. We were in the foothills on the north end of the Guadalupe's. So yes, they're there. And if you'll be there earlier than November, I'd think they're much more active that time of year. Did I mention it was the biggest rattler I've ever seen?

WH

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom