Unit 30 Nice Goat!

D

desertambusher

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-13 AT 11:40AM (MST)[p]Here is a old goat I hope to find saturday morning with bow! can anyone tell me what he might score and if he is a shooter?

6546img_1063.jpg

8824img_1058.jpg

thanks for the reply guys, whats the best way to get into bow range on one of these guys, I have a doe and buck decoy and a buddy going with me, what about water holes? it seems 30 has got quite a bit of water since ive been seeing pools around the roads so im thinking sitting water is out? Is the buck decoy the way to go?

That's a good looking goat I would say 14-14 1/2 tall and about mid to high 70s. I was out last weekend looking around and the bucks where showing some rut activity you may have some action with your decoy good luck.

ambusher, sorry to take your post on a tangent, but what scope did you get those pictures through and how far was he? Thanks.

That's a nice buck right there! Ill be hunting the unit next door and have been seeing some great bucks this year!!! Sitting water is out this year as we've had tons of rain down here over the last month. But sitting a blind over a decoy can be pretty effective with the rut. Last week there was a lot of chasing going on, so I think the ruts right around the corner. Good luck on your hunt!

I just call em as I see em!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom