unit 30 sheep hunters.

N

nvsportsman

Has anyone ever hunted sheep in unit 30 ? Is this a doable backpack hunt or can the sheep in this unit be hunted with short day hikes ? I am looking into applying for 30, as my Father lives fairly close/Dubois. If anyone has any info. they are willing to share, I would be very appreciative.

yes unit 30 is a do able hunt for the backpacker, and yes you can also hunt them with day hikes. It is still pretty steep in some of the areas they hang out int. Don't expect to kill a huge one as horn lengths average in the 30 to 33 inch range. Hope this helps.

DIY,
Thank you for the information, this helps alot. Have you hunted sheep in 30 before? Do these sheep travel to and from Montana?

Nope have not hunted sheep there, but have spent and will continue a large amount of time in the area. Yes, the sheep travel back and forth, that is on of the bad things about the unit. They hang right near the boarder, and pretty much any place in the unit they could be in Montana within a couple of hours. Still would be a fun place to hunt, just don't expect a huge ram there. Let me know if you need anything else.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom