Unit 30

G

GWill

Howdy fellas...

Have hunted 34 the last few years and have seen lots of deer but very few bucks...

Drew a Unit 30 tag this year and am somewhat familiar with the terrain...

Any hints on the western portion of the unit and the deer densities/numbers over there? Lots of hunters over there west of the rim of the Guadalupes?

Hopefully the lions will leave some for me...

Appreciate it fellas...

Deer numbers still a little on the low side from the glory days of the nineties but coming back. Seem to be a few more towards the center or even eastern edges. Cats still a BIG problem around the rim.

Appreciate the info Cookie...

Guess I'm unfamiliar with the "high side" and "low side"...

You say there seems to be a few more deer towards the center or even the eastern edges of the rim?

Sorry for all the questions as I'm unclear on your comments...

Appreciate it...

Gwill

I hunted it three years in a row and had opportunities on decent bucks two out of three. I found that the deer aren't up and moving much during the rifle hunt, and they seem to like to get down in the bottoms of draws to bed more than they like the high ridges where they can see below them.

PM me if you'd like specific areas I'm familiar with.

WH

i hunted on the west side last year, email me with your questions..

mississippi boy.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom