Unit 33 Antelope Muzzleloader

towens2011

Hello everyone,
I will be helping a friend bag an antelope horns longer beginning of october. I have heard catnip reservoir area is a good spot. Any other re3commendations? I have bow hunted a speed goat with success in unit 12 this year, so I do have some experience. Thanks in advance!

I hunted the early rifle. There are a lot of antelope but a lot of the roads were closed because of fire danger. I saw quite a few in this location. Make sure your vehicle has a fire extinguisher and shovel. They are checking

A05EF55D-53AF-4FC7-8138-348C5C058E4D.jpeg

30873F9F-5589-48B1-A2CF-92365C8FF641.jpeg

I hunted the early rifle. There are a lot of antelope but a lot of the roads were closed because of fire danger. I saw quite a few in this location. Make sure your vehicle has a fire extinguisher and shovel. They are checking

View attachment 51417

View attachment 51418
I don’t have anything lined up for the area, but it’s good to know of the shovel / fire extinguisher requirements. Thanks for sharing that. I have to admit, I always have a shovel handy in the truck, but I don’t carry an extinguisher.

I hunted the early season this year. I covered a ton of land looking for water and most of the springs were dry. We found the majority of animals around little buckaroo spring and big buckaroo spring. We camped at badger campground it was only about 6 miles to the springs. There is also a spring on the left side of the main road going into badger campground .it's only about 100 yards off the main road and there's a road to it. We seen a herd of 20 antelope one afternoon there. There's tall sage to hide in to try and ambush one there. Best of luck to you and your buddy.

Also we talked to the game warden and he told us there were approximately 900 antelope on the refuge this spring when they did the count. When you do the math that's about 1 antelope per 600 acres.

Also we talked to the game warden and he told us there were approximately 900 antelope on the refuge this spring when they did the count. When you do the math that's about 1 antelope per 600 acres.
IMO Nevada antelope density has always been on the lower end, especially if you have ever hunted Wyoming where in most units you can find multiple Within 360 view

Hunted 033 late rifle. We saw a few sage hens south of Catnip up towards the spring. Having never been there, I thought the antelope numbers were low and the bucks average. Bucks on the reserve/no hunt area definitely will blow your skirt up, however I'm not sure even the rut pulls them off it.

I hunted the early season this year. I covered a ton of land looking for water and most of the springs were dry. We found the majority of animals around little buckaroo spring and big buckaroo spring. We camped at badger campground it was only about 6 miles to the springs. There is also a spring on the left side of the main road going into badger campground .it's only about 100 yards off the main road and there's a road to it. We seen a herd of 20 antelope one afternoon there. There's tall sage to hide in to try and ambush one there. Best of luck to you and your buddy.
My dad had 2nd season. This area had quite a few animals.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom