unit 33

NMHUNTER

well just got back from 33. we had a great time in the sands. we didnt see very many deer, but the deer we did see were very healthy. my cousin killed a little 5 point sunday morning. he was the first buck we had seen, and he really wanted some meat to take home. that afternoon i spotted a monster about a half mile out. saw him bed and made my move, but he put the slip on me. i saw this buck one more time but couldnt get on him again. tuesday morning i shot a real nice 10 point. thought i made a good hit, but he kept going. we tracked him for about 4 miles, until it came to an area that was covered in track. he didnt leave any blood except were he would brush against grass or the oakbrush. i found what look to be peices of rib bone, and shoulder bone. we spent the rest of tuesday and all day wednesday looking for him with no luck. it has been eating me up. i know i did everything i could, but there is that "what if" in the back of my head. im sure he made a nice meal for the coyotes as there area tons of those critter out there. will post pics of the buck we got later on.

here are the pics. i watched my cuz sneak to within about 100 yards of this buck, and in the wind missed lol. the buck had no clue what was happening, and he was able to get another shot to put the buck down. hes a nice healthy buck and will be some good eating for sure.

9811unit_33_deer_118.jpg

2938unit_33_deer_120.jpg

3617unit_33_deer_122.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom