Unit 34 2nd Rifle Hunt

luckless

All,
I hope I'm not te only one getting spun up about the hunt this upcoming weekend. This one is my first public land hunt and Friday night will be the first night spent in my new cabin. My buddy and his 17 year old son will be joining my fatger-in-law and I. We built the 16x16 cabin w/ loft to be a classic deer/elk camp. No power, water or "facilities" yet, but memories and promised beginnings of traditions are sure to abound. We'll be walking from the cabin into national forest without the aid of 4-wheelers and the like... just four guys, three tags (father-in-law is just along for safety) and dreams of the skinning post bowing under buck-weight...

Will post a full report...

Be Safe, Be Fair, Honor Him & Yourself...

Good Luck & God Bless All of Us...

DC

Good luck, luckless...

I'll be up there too. My brother and I will be backpacking in to camp a little ways away from the roads for the first couple of days, but we'll be back at our cabin (about a mile up into Hay Canyon) the last couple of days with my dad and uncle.

Where did y'all build a cabin? (PM me if you don't want to post it).

Maybe we'll see you up there...hopefully with a bowing skinning post.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom