Unit 34 Muleys

T

timothy0283

Let me just start off with saying I'm guilty of applying for this unit blindly. I put in for this hunt as soon as I found out that I was getting stationed here at Holloman AFB. I drew the Oct 25-29 rifle hunt.

I have a few questions about the unit. How big of bucks should I expect to see? Is their a lot of deer in this unit? and as soon as the forest opens where should I start scouting?

I appreciate any pointers you can give me on this unit.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,
Welcome to Holloman. I know there are a few of us on here who work out there. Give me a call at work 2-3497 and you can come have lunch with my hunting buddies and I. My wife and my dad both drew that same hunt, so maybe we can get together to scout as soon as the LNF opens.

Daniel Cass
DC

Welcome Tim, from another hunter at holloman. I have been here since oct 05 and love the LNF. There is so much to keep anyone who loves the outdoors occupied. From what I have experienced, most (and I say most) of the big bucks I have seen have been in January during the rut. That doesn't mean there aren't going to be any around for the oct or nov rifle hunts. Like Daniel said, when the forest opens up maybe we can go on some scouting trips. On a side note, I might have to give you a call Daniel about lunch with other people who like to hunt. I sure don't know too many and it would be nice to meet some more people with the same interest.

You guys are always welcome at lunch. We generally have a few spare seats in our conference room. Just be prepared to either watch elk or turkey dvd's and more often discuss politics with strong conservative, constitutionalist slant...

DC

PAblackbear, thanks for the info. I will have to get in contact with you as soon as the forest opens, or if you can call me 2-5285.

Tim Maher

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom